An image is important alongside your content. A visual asset is an essential tool in communicating a brand’s story or simply sharing a message effectively. It has a great impact on audience engagement. Content with relevant images gains 94 percent more views than those without. A great percentage of consumers are more likely to read content with images, making it more important effectively use photos.
To create a unified visual brand, here are some tips on how to choose photos from a wordpress image library:
- Don’t overdo it. Images are not space-hogs, they can also be overwhelming to visitors. Only choose the ones that will make the biggest impact.
- Consider aesthetics. Is the image good enough to be included in your website? If not, abandon it. Thirty-eight percent of users will leave a website if the aesthetics are not executed well. Thus, you should always choose high quality, high resolution images to your website.
- Use only relevant photos. If you are running a wedding photography website, do not include photos of pets. It will only confuse your audience. Unless it’s a destination wedding, don’t include travel photos as well. Stay true to your theme and style to keep it effective.
- Match your mood. Make sure the photos suit your company’s personality and branding. If you are into serious business, adding very colorful and funny pictures will not sit well with your target audience.
- Review photos for compatibility. Check out the orientation, size and gallery layouts to make sure that they don’t affect the presentation of your website on smaller screens.
If you are looking for high quality stock photos for your wordpress website, check out PixelRockstar’s wordpress image library. It has over 4 million premium images that comes with a Digital License. That’s right all images can be used without you having to worry about legal and technical issues down the road. Simply search and add images to your website and social media in just a few seconds.